Show Title: Finding Family with Margaret E. Ward Part 2
In the sixth episode of the Inside the Journey podcast John & Nelson continue their talk with Margaret E. Ward author of Missing Mila, Finding Family. She talks about the history of El Salvador and her thoughts on the film.
About the podcast
Our goal with the podcast is to give you a look at what is going on behind the scenes with the film and to explore this very complicated issue.
The Identifying Nelson/Buscando a Roberto newsletter goes out about once or twice a month. It contains only the most important news about the film and is the best way to keep updated about our progress. You can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/wvJEn.
Welcome to the Inside the Journey Podcast. This is episode #6 for Sunday, June 7th 2013. I’m Nelson de Witt.
I’m John Younger.
And we are the producer/director extraordinaire of the documentary film Identifying Nelson/Buscando A Roberto.
This week we have an extra special guest my mom! Well she’s not just my mom she is the author of Missing Mila, Finding Family: An International Adoption in the Shadow of the Salvadoran Civil War. She is a Professor of German, Emerita, who taught at Wellesley College in Wellesley Massachusetts from 1971 to 2010. I’m very pleased to introduce the one and only Margret Ward!
- a conversation about context for importance of including understanding of these events to historical memory … set context for violence of Civil War (i.e. setting the scene for a North American audience). complex, but also jarring to audience like scene from Argo. 2 readings- story of Mama Chila’s father’s death p. 116 The story of how Eva got her name. p 118.
- conversation transitions to relevance to our world today. segue into Guatemala today. … the importance of looking back at these events, even all these years later. 3 discussion topics to bring in … This american life piece on Dos Erres and Oscar Alfredo Ramírez Castañeda … overturning of verdict from genocide trial of Rios Montt …Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo in Argentina.
Thats our show!
- You can subscribe to the podcast by going to www.identifyingnelson.com
- We would love to hear form you. Leave us a comment on Facebook.com/IdentifyingNelson
- Or if you want say something more personal email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tune in next Sunday,
This entry was posted in Inside the Journey on .